Monday, April 15, 2013

Sew that's what you're doing...









what I'm wearing:
floral top, free people: thrifted.
batik dress, handmade/designed my me! <3
boots, Justin: thrifted.

These past few months I've been occupying my time with a whole lot of sewing. For the longest time I had been sewing stuffed animals and fixing vintage dresses but I always desperately wanted to create something I could wear. I've started so many garment projects in the past that never turned into anything but scrap fabric for another project that I never started. It's such an excellent feeling to start something with a vision and actually finish and wear it! I've been having so much fun making patterns and experimenting with different fabrics and designs. I'm really hoping to have some patterns drafted out and potentially do another craft fair in the near future. Renegade perhaps?

Anyway, between work and crafting in my free time I haven't had much desire or time to start back up with etsy but I want to put an end to that! In the next short while I plan on getting back in gear and picking up the pace on reopening my shop... or potentially starting another? It's all up in the air as of right now but I have plans, BIG plans of what's to come and I'll be sure to keep you all informed! Thank you too all of my readers and etsy followers for the great support and same love for vintage/fashion that I have. It's been an amazing ride and I can't wait to continue onto whatever happens next.

xo,
Kala Noel.

8 comments:

  1. the dress is wonderful! I'm loving your style!
    good luck starting with etsy again!

    http://imeowlife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore your hair! So pretty! And the brown tones look wonderful on you!
    So cool that you made the dress, very impressive! I've only ever made one dress but I'd love to try another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Ive started a new site that lets people create looks using items from any retailer around the world. Im looking for feedback from some fashionistas like yourself and would appreciate you taking a look.

    In return you can promote this blog by using this the code below in any of your fashion finds, lookbooks and celebrity style.

    dorisanne.com

    This will create a clickable link to your site next to everything you add to the site.

    In return all I ask is you write a little article on you blog about the site.

    http://infashionation.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous. You have re-inspired me to learn how to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear of new beginnings and ventures for you. My Etsy re-opening has been up in the air too but I think with Summer approaching my inspiration and love has come around again for sewing and brain storming new ideas. Can't wait to see what's in store for/from you!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is just so pretty! You always look fantastic! I'm loving this gorgeous dress you sewed too. It's perfect! Such a neat print too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I've just re found it! I used to follow you and then I closed my old account, and now I've found you, yey!! I love your hair

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeup is perfect, would you ever consider doing a little tutorial? It looks so soft and lovely, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete