Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hottest Month



Hello everyone! So, September is quite the crazy month. First off, southern Oregon always has the worst HOT weather, it's actually been a pretty mild summer up until this month. Another thing September brings is fall which falls on the 23rd of this month which is ALSO my birthday! I'll be 23 and pretty excited about it. I've always been pretty indifferent about my birthday however, this year is my golden year. 23 on the 23rd, how can I be indifferent about that?!






I've been doing a lot of online window shopping lately and decided I had to have this dress. It's absolutely amazing. The yellow gingham with orange flowers throughout had me pretty smitten as soon as I saw it. 1950's dresses are one of my definite weaknesses.










Along with the crazy weather, birthday excitement, online window shopping and pretty 1950's dresses, September has been taken over by caterpillars. Every tree is FULL of thickly woven nests that the caterpillars have tediously crafted. It's a nightmare! It actually made the front page of the news here in my town. Have any of you experienced this in your town? I've never remembered it being this out of control.

Anyway, I have a few exciting things planned for my blog in the upcoming weeks! Some news in store and possibly a giveaway or two. I hope you're all having a lovely September.

what I wore:
vintage dress from no goodbyes vintage
shoes from etsy
assorted vintage rings

xo,
Kala Noel.

12 comments:

  1. Hello, the dress is so pretty, looks really lovely on too.
    September here is a mix of cold days, windy days, sunshine and rain... quite typical for British weather - I don't know what to wear! Hope you have a fab birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in love with your 50s dress. It looks like its made for you :)

    http://theatticpeoplevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling dress! Have a wonderful, golden birthday!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you fell in love with this dress, it's so pretty! And it looks gorgeous on you. My home town was overrun with caterpillars like that when I was a kid. It was so bad that people were lighting the nests on fire to try and save the trees. Forests were literally being eaten bare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely dress! You look so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are just way to cute!!! seriously i love your blog just because you are so precious!

    xx
    Angie
    www.fluentbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really make vintage dresses come to life with your beauty and styling!! Gorgeous, girl :) Luckily, more caterpillars mean more butterflies!! But make sure they don't attack you hehe not that they are violent creatures at all...

    Yellow looks stunning with your entrancing eyes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your an angel! I love to get a dress just like that.

    Lavender Peasant Shirt Giveaway!!
    http://bit.ly/ojjB24

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so so pretty in that dress! I love your little shoes too. And hooray for golden birthdays! Mine was back when I was 14 so mine is long gone. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your style and your blog...all seems like out of time but in a nice way;)! new follower..
    http://lensanythingelse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah, that dress is perfection! It would've been so wrong to walk away without buying it.

    ReplyDelete