Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Hair Tutorial: Rag Tie Curls
Hello everyone! I wanted to share this video tutorial I made the other day on how to get curls like the ones I have in my previous post! A few side notes before watching...
1. ignore my pauses in between sentences.. I'm still getting used to recording on my computer while trying to act like I'm actually talking to someone and not just staring at my computer screen! Ha..
2. the brush I used is DISGUSTING. hahaha, I laughed SO hard while editing the video... I couldn't find either of my other brushes so I went with the grosses thing ever, hahaha... But, I'm human, right? (;
what you'll need:
1. approximately 10 - 12 13x2 inch strips of towel. (old t-shirts or other pieces of fabric will work as well.)
2. Aussie Aussome Volume Spray Gel.
4. hair spray if needed.
1. Start out with clean, dry, brushed hair
2. apply Aussie Aussome Volume Spray Gel or any other spray to make hair slightly damp.
3. take a small section of your hair and wrap the ends around, continue as far up as you'd like the curls to go.
6. sleep on your wrapped hair or keep rags/material in for a few hours.
7. untie and unravel.
8. brush, brush, brush! It's best to brush your hair up against your hand to eliminate from frizzyness.
9. grab small sections of your hair and twirl!
10. this one if up to you... I didn't use any sort of hairspray on my hair, however... if you'd like the curls to hold longer I'd suggest spraying it.
This lovely trick has been passed down my family for many years! It's a great way to avoid applying unnecessary heat to your lovely locks. I hope this tutorial helps you all to achieve beautiful, bouncy curls!!
have any questions? you can leave a comment or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org