Sunday, August 8, 2010

Distant, distant, distant!

Hello my beautiful friends!

I have been so unbelievably busy the past couple months that it has seriously taken up all of my time! With etsy, along with puppy crazyness and my up and coming excited events.. Time seems so short!
I finally can sit down, relax and share with everyone what has been going on in my life.

Let's start out with puppy news. Just last week 3 of our darling pups went to the most wonderful people. Vixen and Kingsley went to a lovely married couple who fell in love with the both of them and Little Lila went to a woman who had fallen in love with our last Chihuahua puppy, Hamilton and has had him for the last year. Oh, and by the way.. Hamilton and Lila are half siblings!! Isn't that cute?


Little Lila.

The sweetest boy ever, Kingsley.

Miss kisses, Vixen

We still have my absolute favorite puppy, Penelope.. She's my baby..

Now, for the business side of my life. I received an unexpected phone call from a Chicago high end Boutique owner about buying and selling my handmade earrings! This is a pretty BIG deal to me. I've never done anything in terms of "wholesaling" my handmade earrings. The biggest opportunity I've had was being able to sell them last year at the Sunset Junction in LA.. After turning down many wholesaling offers I'm going to give this one a shot! My first challenge is to make 15 pairs of earrings, send them off and hope they do well. I am really nervous and excited about this opportunity! It could really expand my love for hand-making and selling something I'm so passionate for. I'll be sure to update everyone with how everything goes.

On the vintage side of my ever-so-long busyness, I've been scoring on finding the most wonderful fall and winter items ever. My favorite so far would be my ever growing collection of vintage coats. Within this week alone I have purchased 3 of the most beautiful coats I've ever seen. Hopefully I'll be able to show everyone soon! it's just so darn hot around here I find it impossible to ever take pictures of coats in the blistering heat.

Now, for my most exciting news!!!
I have been absolutely devastated by the loss of my cat.. If you follow my twitter, you know already that my beloved kitty, Olive has been missing since the 4th of July. A woman called me last week with the news of "seeing my cat" on the property of her house. I was so excited by this news that I had been driving over to the house everyday, multiple times a day calling her and leaving out food, I felt pretty hopeless after days of not seeing her.. WELL, just today I received another phone call from a vet tech telling me that a cat with the same half blue eye and colors as Olive came by the vet office a month ago. An older woman had picked her up and brought her over for an exam.. The lady then went on to tell me that she would be able to go back a month and look through their files for any female kitties with the same coloring as Olive.
I'm going by on Monday to bring a flyer, I'm really praying that they have good news for me and that I'll finally be able to bring my baby girl home. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Well, I think I've out done myself on this one so I'm only going to share one last thing..
My obsession with high buns is absolutely bonkers right now.. This fashion is just so simple and can be worn year around! So, here are a few high bun inspiration for you all,


Whimsical for the spring.
{source}

Messy for the summer.
{source}

Tip top for fall.

Chic for the winter!
{source}


What I've been sporting the last month..

Oh, and I can't forget my ever so growing love for large braids..


Now, share something with me! (:
xo, Kala Noel.

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute doggy, love the up-does and that dress you are wearing. Cuteness overload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the pups were adopted together...I love when that happens :)

    And good luck with your kitty! You're so close...and just in case you haven't tried...craigslist is always a good finder of pets too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah I adore your blog! The puppies are so darling, I wish I could take one home with me. Good luck with wholesaling, that's a very exciting step to take :)

    ReplyDelete